Friday 11 November 2016

Fancy Folds Blog Hop


Hello there, and welcome to another Fancy Fold Blog hop with some of my International friends. 

This month we are trying our hands at the Pop Up Book Card !!!

Now I will not lie to you, I am not the biggest fan of fancy folds because well, they not always straight forward and I like SIMPLE. However, me accepting to be a regular participant in this hop was for a reason and that was to make myself try some of the different folds and get out my normal comfort zone. And I really like taking part, some months they are more of a challenge then some I feel like they are going ok, like this month. It might be because I had a little help in the form of a diagram from my friend Patrice (thanks honey). This was my first and only attempt...



Ahhh love this Father Christmas stamp set!!! You cannot get more Christmas than this traditional looking set. 

My colours were Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake. I added a big of garden green as well. 
I have coloured the image using re inkers and a aqua painter filled with Isopropyl Alcohol, then inked everything using crime cake ink. The musical note paper is from the pack.

I added some texture with the new burlap ribbon and a bit of sparkle with some gold card. 

I used the newly releases stitched framelits to add the gold rim around my sentiment and what a fail !!! my round circle punched shaped totally covered the beautiful stitching LOL 




Oh well I will have to show you them on another card....
And oh my the Holly Berry Happiness bundle with the holly punch has been the perfect this season for adding pretty details... love it !!! Here's the inside view:


I really wanted to go to town and spruce up the inside but in the end I had to think practically and chose to leave one side plain for the sentiment to go on. I did watercolour the Santa sack filled with goodies though to provide some decoration to the book fold.
What do you think? 
Thank you for stopping to visit me, I truly appreciate it. 

Monica xoxo 
 







1- Patrice Halliday-Larsen
2 - Monica Gale- YOU ARE HERE
3 - Tanja Kolar
4 - Delphine Lorelli
5 - Martha Inchley
6 - Shannean Moncrieff
7 - Anne Granger
8 - France Poitras Martin
Shop Stampin' Up!

8 comments :

  1. Wow! Your card blows me away. Monica, such an amazing card.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Monica. So lovely to see a post from you too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza my friend ;-) your card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous, you will have to teach me xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and such a great looking stamp set.
    Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a beautiful vintage look Christmas card! I like the details here and there, and the little bell on the holy leaves won my heart!

    I agree, these Fancy Fold cards push me out of my comfort zone too, but like you this is exactly what I like 😉 happy to hop with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card as always Monica. So lovely to see you at Telford.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx