Sunday 23 October 2011

Versatile Petal Cone

Hello there hpe you’re well and having a good weekend. I will have to be quick as we are holding Mum’s six month remembrance service today. Laura with little Luca arrived last night and we are all heading for the Church soon.

I want to show you the yummo Petal Cone Die from stampin’Up1 today. It is probably my fave new die although of course I love the candy wrap die and so many others.

I will have LOADS of these on my tree this year and will make plenty to gift to my friends as well.

chrissy cone

How lovely would they look on a tree? Petal Cone die, the doily layer is from the Pennant Die the cute saying is from the tags till Christmas stamp set cut with the curly label punch, it fits in perfectly. some polka dot ribbon and a tiny button complete the whole decor of this simply but very effective decoration of course it has the added bonus of being able to gift something inside it as well.here s a close up

close cone#

I used Stampin’Up! markers in chocolate chip and cherry cobbler.

The handles made from polka dot ribbon were attached to the cone with pretty antique brads.

Last week I had a play with some of my team girls and we had a go at turning the petal cone die into a stunning favor box perfect for a weeding, it was my plan to make a groom as well but I just run out of time.

dress

In addition to petal cone die we used the large heart punch, the lace border punch and the itty bitty flower punch for the bouquet. I adore the whole thing and I wish I could credit the person that inspired me to make this, I have seen many examples as elaborate as you can imagine, I even saw one made from 4 pieces and it ends up like a beautiful crinoline dress. The sentiment if from the Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Have a wonderful Sunday see you again very soon. Till then Big Hugs xx

Shop Stampin' Up!

4 comments :

  1. Hello Honey,

    Just to say thinking of you today and sending you big {{hugs}}.

    Love what you've done with the cone die, great idea for christmas trees.

    Love Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these are fab, loving the wedding cone, very clever!

    Hugs
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. They are lovely! I think I'll have to get that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are awesome...wish I lived closer, as I'd take a class, but I'm in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx